intersections of gods and men



the wakening hours


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I think I am awake now not out of necessity, but habit. I could afford to sleep now. But it is too early. So instead I will try and think:

My current thoughts? Art. How do you best partake in the Beautiful? And once a thing has the aspect of the Beautiful, what is it that moves the soul towards it? And why is that so neurishing?

The orbs of the soul move because of the sight of the Beauty, how is this movement played out?

I must write a short little paper (only 3 pages) on my project this semester. My project: being Costume Director for the Torrey Theatre's production of Taming of the Shrew. The paper can be on anything related to theatre, Shakespeare, the Shrew, a theme therein, something I learned during the project, etc..., etc..., etc...

I think I want to investigate the movement of the soul in regards to the Beautiful, and the need to invest in this aspect of human development.

Thoughts?


2 Responses to “the wakening hours”

  1. Blogger slowlane 

    This has nothing to do with your musings on your paper topic. I only want to commend you for using the word "partake." I have recently been bugged by the fact that the word is mostly used in one single context only and how it seems like such a stuffy word because of this. I say, bring it back for use in other contexts, or let it die a peaceful death.

  2. Blogger Matthew Carroll 

    I took a Historical Theology final exam today that was Beautiful.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm whoamitoblowagainstthewind
  • From Down Wind
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


the really dry wash